Elizabeth Taylor, On the set of Suddenly Last Summer, 1959 via hoodoothatvoodoo
wow so the giant pendulum statue at my friend’s college got taken down because students kept getting naked on it and singing wrecking ball
actual thing that happened
Tonight was one of the best and worst nights…and I cannot avoid this paralyzing feeling of just blatantly wanting to die.
This plant right here is God’s gift to mankind, I treasure this plant so much. What I do is, I peal off the skin off the plant and then cut up the gel like fruit layer in small squares and then put them in a bottle as if they were pills and and take 4 squares per day; You can also use the Aloe Vera plant externally on your skin as a skin treatment supplement too. Here are some benefits of using the Aloe Vera plant.
- Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
- Lowers high cholesterol.
- Repairs “sludge blood” and reverses “sticky blood”.
- Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
- Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
- Protects the body from oxidative stress.
- Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
- Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
- Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn’s disease and other digestive disorders.
- Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
- Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients.
- Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
- Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
- Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
- Ends constipation.
- Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
- Prevents and treats candida infections.
- Protects the kidneys from disease.
- Functions as nature’s own “sports drink” for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
- Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
- Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
- Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.
"The best way to dehumanize someone while claiming you’re not is to believe you are just the same. You erase their experiences and perspective, their struggles and obstacles, their unique way of having to deal with those things in a world that also erases them. With the words, ‘but humans are humans’ or the bullshit dramatics of ‘we all bleed red’ normal people can simply pretend that if we all did things the way they did, then everything would work out okay. But, yes, we all bleed red but you don’t treat a papercut the same way you treat a gash, you don’t treat an infected wound the same way you treat one that isn’t, you don’t treat a wound to the leg the same way you treat a wound to the gut. You are not acknowledging someone’s personhood when you ignore the very things that make their lives different than yours, and when you refuse to understand that their circumstances have given them their own perspective that is just as valid as yours. More valid in fact – their perspective about their experiences that you haven’t been through is far more valid than anything you could ever think about it."-The danger of worldviews (Speaking when the world sleeps)
Another bright and sunny example of people on the internet glamorizing prison rape and rape threats. Let me explain why the above gif from Orange is The New Black, and the scene it comes from, is not something you should say “oh wow sexy lesbian please fuck me!” over. I’ve seen people reblog the full rape threat gifset, not with “this is unacceptable” commentary, but #yespleases and adoration or sexual interest. Nobody acknowledges it’s a rape threat.
Alex: “You know, I’m with you hun. Really. She’s WASPy and entitled and always asking if you have this in whole grain. She’s got the Bambi shit going on. I get all of it. But, I am going to need you to shut the fuck up about her and get over your shit.”
Pennsatucky: “Or what?”
Alex: “Or, I will fuck you. Literally. I will sneak into your bunk in the middle of the night and I’ll lick your pussy. I will do it so good and so soft, you’ll be on the edge of cumming by the time you wake up. And then, I’ll stop. And, you’ll be half asleep and you’ll beg for it. [Laughs] Oh, you’ll beg for it. Maybe, I’ll be nice. Maybe, I won’t. But, if I am nice, the things you feel – it will ruin you forever. So you know, choose.”
Saying the above to a consenting sex partner? Fine. Using sexual acts as a threat to another inmate who will not get legal support if she ever is raped in jail? Totally not fine.
"But she’s a hot woman! And she says she’s going to be soft and she’s going to pleasure the other woman! That’s not rape, it’s just a hot lezzy scene! Let me in on that action!"
Stop. Imagine if Alex was a man. Imagine if this was a man saying this to someone who they don’t have consent from and they are using it as a threat. Would it still be sexy if you said “or what?” to a guy you barely know and he said “Or I’ll fuck you”?
Is it just super hot and not at all rapey if a guy tells you he’ll sneak into your house and start touching and tonguing you inappropriately? Is it super hot when the guy insists that you’ll end up wanting it and you’ll beg him to keep going and he’s going to ruin you? It’s not hot when a man threatens to rape someone, and it’s not hot when a woman does it either.
Female rapists exist, and we don’t need people culturally associating female rape with romance and consenting sex. To anyone who legitimately reblogs the above set of gifs, the only thing you need to fucking volunteer for is a class on recognizing sexual harassment.
∞ I’m following back 1OO% until I find a tumblr bestfriend, anyone? :/
The amount of fucks he is NOT giving on the last two gifs is astounding
Photos de Overdose de styles. | via Facebook on We Heart It